He had everything going for him.
It’s the latest No Filter Sports Podcast with Eli Zaret, Denny McLain and Bob Page.
- One of the greatest QB’s in Big Ten history, CHUCK LONG, never lived up to that potential in Detroit. Chuck tells all!
- The Lions hire Chris Spielman, not to run the show, but only to assist in the hiring of a GM and coach. Bob: WTF?!
- If only ALL the Lions had the guts of center Frank Ragnow — playing an entire contest with a FRACTURED THROAT!
- The MNF matchup between the Browns and Ravens was a great game — but a COSTLY one for Denny and others.
- Jim Harbaugh says he’s IN. And what LOOKS like a good recruiting class just may keep him “in” — for a while.
- MSU’s Mel Tucker landed a couple quarterbacks on signing day, though the one he needs MIGHT already be in the fold.
- Congress continues to meddle in big-time college sports. Is this a good thing? Denny, Eli — and CHUCK debate.
- Miggy says he wants to play first base again. AJ Hinch: “Okay.” Denny: “Ridiculous!”
- In this P.C.-mad world MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred makes a controversial decision. Was it fair?
- Will MLB and the other pro sports REQUIRE all players take a COVID vaccine in order to play?
- Those stories, PLUS Bob rips the bogus Michigan Sports Hall of Fame, YOUR mailbag and MORE — right here.